November 19, 2020

Indian henna of brand "Lady Henna"

Good day!
Finally, I got the mood and a little free time to try the Indian henna of a brand I already know, purchased this spring and share my first impressions.


The packaging appearance

consists of two strong plastic bags. The outer one is more dense and has a zip-lock. The inner one is a little thinner and just sealed.
Such packages are more preferable for me, because allow henna to stay fresh longer, not to lose pigment as quickly, oxidizing in air, as is the case with packages from other brands. Also it's not so scary to leave it in a room with moderate or high humidity.




Internal contents of the package

Powdered grinding, the finest, smallest. There are twigs, but they're very small and difficult to see with the naked eye.




The color is typical for henna - khaki, but biased towards a greener shade.
In a photo, the exact shade is always difficult to convey. And I hope I don't have to explain why))

The aroma is usual, herbal, delicious, pleasant, mesmerizing, in no way rejecting. But when brewed, it doesn't feel so rich. From some hennas, sometimes with all strength hits the nose a smell similar to iodine.. Here it's not so. Feeling like I just touched freshly cut hay with my hands 😻

When adding warm boiled water, the powdery mass immediately and greedily begins to absorb water, stick in lumps, become slippery and plastic, similar to slime 🤤👍 During mixing, it bounces off the spoon like a jelly.



The dyeing process

For 100 g of henna powder, I added exactly 500 ml of water. If compared to henna for mehendi Hathi or Prem Dulhan, I need more water to achieve a similar consistency 🤔

When brewing, I didn't add any other components, because in this henna, in addition to Lawsonia inermis, there is amla (Phyllanthus emblica fruit powder), which by itself gives an acidic environment, as well as a darker and colder shade, i.e. able to muffle orange/reddish. It's a pity that the manufacturer didn't indicate in what percentage proportion is contained amla with henna here, at least approximately.

The infusion time of henna was 5,5 hours at room temperature, the container with it was simply covered with a towel. In the finished form, the henna paste looked like melted milk chocolate, thick and viscous, with the same shade on the surface and greenish inside. During this time, almost all the lumps had resolved and the remaining could easily be kneaded with a spoon.


During application and distribution this henna on the hair, can experience a truly heavenly pleasure! 🥰😱 Tactilely the paste feels like a homogeneous mousse, smooth, and I repeat - slimy, slippery, super soft and super pleasant. When rubbed between fingers, no twigs, debris or larger particles are felt at all.


I try to thoroughly smear the root zone with henna and randomly distribute the remains along the length. I put a plastic bag on top, I don't fix it tightly, that is, there is weak air circulation. In addition, I don't insulate or warm it up with a hairdryer.

It seemed to me as if fenugreek was added instead of amla. Because when I added a small amount of Aroma-zone amla to a mix of henna and indigo, or just used it solo, the herbal paste was tactilely rough and squeaky.

The pigmentation is satisfactory. The color on the palms, immediately after the completion of dyeing, because of the amla, initially flashed brightly, but oxidizing in the air, it began to rapidly darken to a more natural shade, as if merging with the skin, as if it were a tan.
The first photo shows my palm immediately after dyeing. The second photo shows my palm after 12 hours. During this time, I have used aggressive detergents several times:


The results

The exposure time of the herbal paste on the hair was 2 hours. This henna was quickly and easily rinsed out from the hair with the usual rusty tint. Caring properties on top 👍🏻 Hair is soft, smooth, both when wet and completely dry. I don't feel dryness, my hair is like after a moisturizing mask, cold. The shine has increased 💫

Below you can see how my hair looked immediately after dyeing in a slightly wet state. The first photo is in the light under a chandelier. The second photo is a flash:

Now I will show a photos of my hair 12 hours after dyeing. Daytime, cloudy weather, natural light in the shade near the window:

And now only a flash. Hair after a night braid, which I dissolved only before make the photos:

The color on the root zone immediately after dyeing looked brighter, but after 12 hours it became darker and calmer, deeper. Live I see a beautiful near-chocolate color, without obvious redness. I really liked how the transition from roots to length turned out, so soft and smooth.

I really liked the henna of brand "Lady Henna" for many of the above parameters - excellent product quality, at an adequate price. Except for the resulting color. But here I already blundered myself, because when I bought it, at that time I was still dyeing my hair in black color, so I just wanted to get maximum darkening from henna. Girls, such girls..
I will definitely buy it again, but only if I want to have such a calm and dark shade on a regular basis 😊👌🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © hennahairfox